Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting What You Need

Duck Season is once again upon us. I, like so many others, am excited over what possibilities lay ahead.

Over the years, duck hunting has changed for me. I once measured my success in the blind by the numbers "killed". Success is now measured more by the experience of the hunt.

Sitting in a duck blind watching my lab make a retrieve, a flight of early morning jacks swinging over the decoys, conversation with my hunting partners, or from a deerstand, observing the return of a male bobcat after an all night quest for a meal. These are the things that make my hunt successful; these are the things that make my day.

Everyone seeks to receive something out of his or her hunting experience. But the most important thing to remember is that if you do the right things, your day in the duck blind will give you what you need.

It may not give you everything you wanted and were hoping for, but at the very least ..... it will improve your day.

No comments: